Created in 1993, Les Arts George V (LAGV) is an independent French 1901 not-for-profit association, administered by a volunteer board of directors. Located on the prestigious Avenue George V just off the Champs Elysées, our mission is to promote and produce musical events at The American Cathedral in Paris.
LAGV has two principal functions:
- To serve as an interface between musicians and the Cathedral administration for rental of the two main concert venues: the Cathedral nave and the Parish Hall.
- To help fund the extensive music program at the American Cathedral, in particular contributing to funding the acclaimed American Cathedral Choir. The Cathedral Choir is directed by Zach Ullery, the American Cathedral Canon for Music and Choirmaster. Canon Ullery also directs the Paris Choral Society, an impressive amateur choir that has been performing major choral works at the American Cathedral for the over 20 years.
Working toward the future, LAGV is devoting its time and energy to making the American Cathedral a major fixture on the Paris concert venue. LAGV hopes that the Cathedral will be seen as a place where music flourishes, where young musicians and artists can perform, perhaps even launch their careers, and as a meeting place for music enthusiasts from the French and Americanvcommunities in Paris.
- If you would like to help underwrite our efforts to encourage music in the community please consider becoming an LAGV sponsor.
- If you are a musician or musical group and would like to perform at the American Cathedral in Paris please contact us about booking one of our venues.
- If you are interested in applying to perform as part of "Les Dimanches Musicaux" you will find information on how to apply on our Events page (then select "Les Dimanches Musicaux" ).
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at LAGV events please consider joining the events team.